JOHNNY AIR CARGO AND DELIVERY SERVICES INCORPORATED
JOHNNY AIR CARGO AND DELIVERY SERVICES INC. (“Johnny Air”) is committed to protect and respect your personal data privacy. We are at the forefront of not only implementing but also complying with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its implementing rules and regulation, and other issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
1. SERVICE DESCRIPTION
What services does our organization provide?
We carry on the business, either as principal or broker, of private express and/or messengerial services, delivering, international freight forwarding, storing and warehousing of goods, wares, parcels, letters, packages, freight, documents, and merchandise of any kind or description, and to do any and all acts necessary or incidental thereto, by means of air, land, and sea transport.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT ARE COLLECTED
What are the actual personal information we collect?
In line with our corporate policies in relation to data subjects and in compliance with the Data Privacy Act, it is important that we collect, use, store, and retain your personal information such as full name, home address/billing address,/shipping address, including photos as proof of delivery, e-mail address, credit card information, telephone number, and other personal contact numbers.
3. COLLECTION METHOD AND TIMING OF COLLECTION
How and when do we collect personal information?
Personal data is collected when:
(1) Filling out our forms such as online registration forms, order forms, supplier accreditation forms, release forms, feedback forms, contracts, and client conforme letter;
(2) Disclosing your personal information through email, chat, phone calls, or in-person verbal communication with authorized representatives;
(3) Communicating through any of our social media accredited accounts; and
(4) Signing up for our digital services such as on-site POS and other digital media interfaces requiring digital sign-up process.
What are Log Files?
We follow a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit a website and all hosting companies do this as part of hosting services analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
What are Cookies and Web Beacons?
Like any other website, we use “cookies” to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other browser information. Similarly, these are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable to any data subject. You can choose to disable cookies through your browser options.
Do we collect children’s information?
Another part of our priority is by adding protection for children while using the internet. We do not knowingly collect any personal information or any sensitive personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years. If you think your child provided any personal information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our data base.
4. PURPOSE OF COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
Why do we collect personal information?
Overall, we use the collected data for any of the following purposes , and only as is reasonable and necessary for a prescribed legitimate purpose stated below:
(1) Appraise and carry out the specific transactions and inquiries with us;
(2) To give timely, reliable, and value-added service to clients and customers, including but not limited to shipment tracking, delivery, transportation, account management, billing, supply-chain management, technical support, and related services;
(3) To improve customer service experience by conducting appropriate research and analysis through surveys and polls;
(4) To enable, develop, implement, and manage services including but not limited to direct marketing and advertising materials and polls that help us enhance our services;
(5) For vendors, contractors, and third-party services, to carry out due diligence and screening activities in accordance with legal, regulatory obligations or company policy, as well as to track and measure performance or quality of goods or services received or rendered, and processing of payments;
(6) For employment, to consider and evaluate candidates and to process data necessary for the employment including but not limited to payroll, benefits, allowances, refunds, reimbursements, and other purposes that demand the processing of personal data;
(7) To comply with legal obligations and regulatory requirements as provided under the law and as required by government agencies and instrumentalities; and
(8) To perform and comply with other processing or disclosure directly related to any of the above purposes.
5. STORAGE AND TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How do we store, protect, and transmit personal data?
Employees and agents of Johnny Air are authorized to access personal data collected and stored only upon request of the data subject or his/her agent. Employees and agents are bound by a strict confidentiality and ethical code in accessing personal information and are subject to disciplinary actions upon showing that he/she failed to follow the aforesaid code.
6. METHOD OF USE
Will personal information be subject to additional processing before it is used for the stated purposes?
Personal information shall be used as it is and will no longer be subjected to any additional processing other than those listed services and purposes above.
Do we perform profiling?
No, we don’t. “Profiling” means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person.
7. LOCATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where do we store personal information collected and processed?
Secured Data Rooms are established and constantly monitored to continuously protect stored collected data. Using a secured connection, only authorized personnel and agents can access and download your personal data from the security systems in place. Upon request, clients or their duly authorized agents, may be given to access their own personal data, for any purpose, except for those purposes contrary to law, morals, public policy, or public order. Whenever applicable, the Data Protection Officer may refuse to grant access following applicable laws, rules, or regulations, or orders from a competent court, tribunal, agency, or instrumentality. Such refusal shall be communicated to the requesting individual or data subject through written notice that sets out the reason for the refusal
Johnny Air have implemented technical security measures to make sure that there are appropriate and sufficient safeguards to secure the processing of personal data, particularly the computer network in place, including encryption and authentication processes that control and limit access. They include the following, among others:
(1) We use an intrusion detection system to monitor security breaches and alert the organization of any attempt to interrupt or disturb the system.
(2) Johnny Air shall first review and evaluate software applications before the installation thereof in computers and devices of the organization to ensure the compatibility of security features with overall operations.
(3) We also review security policies, conduct vulnerability assessments and perform penetration testing within the company on a regular schedule to be prescribed by the appropriate department or unit.
(4) Each personnel with access to personal data shall verify his or her identity using a secure encrypted link and multi-level authentication.
8. THIRD PARTY TRANSFER
Do we transfer personal information to third parties for further processing?
Personal data under the custody of Johnny Air may be disclosed only pursuant to a lawful purpose, and only to authorized recipient of such data. All employees, personnel, and affiliates of Johnny Air shall maintain strict confidentiality and secrecy of all personal data that come to their knowledge and possession, even after resignation, termination of contract, or other contractual relations.
We may share information about our clients and customers to complete their transactions and provide them with personalized products and services with carefully selected affiliates and sub-contractors such as trucking, forwarding, and courier services, that perform services on our behalf. We work with these companies for specific and lawful purposes and maintain strict confidentiality agreements.
Johnny Air may also share collected information whenever required or permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations, including laws, rules, and regulations of the United States of America and other countries where affiliates are located, and only when such disclosure and sharing of data is necessary to:
(1) Comply with a legal obligation or in response to a request from law enforcement or public authorities pursuant to the usual conduct of the business of Johnny Air;
(2) Protect and defend property rights of Johnny Air;
(3) Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Johnny Air’s employees, agents, contractors, and affiliates; or
(4) Protect against any legal actions and liabilities.
Johnny Air may also share personal data with United States regulators and with other self-regulatory bodies where we conduct business.
9. RETENTION PERIOD
How long do we keep collected personal information and how they are disposed?
Johnny Air processes personal data in accordance with the parameters and periods provided by the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its implementing rules, and relevant issuances of the National Privacy Commission. Further, all information gathered for the purposes it was collected and processed, shall be retained for a period not longer than Five (5) years from collection.
Retention of data may exceed said period when the data subject or any competent court or competent government agency, tribunal, or instrumentality requests or orders specific data to be retained longer than Five (5) years. The retention period may also exceed when the law, related rules, regulations, and recognized practices require a specified period of retention. Similarly, upon written notice to the data subject and after getting its consent, the retention period may exceed the period, provided that written notice shall expressly apprise the data subject of the purpose of the extension and shall set another period upon which the data shall be deleted.
After the lapse of the period of retention, all hard and soft copies of the personal information shall be disposed and destroyed, through secured means and within industry standards and in a manner that prevents reconstruction or retrieval of the data, including but not limited to the shredding of documents, permanent deletion of soft copies, and permanent destruction of back-up files. Once deleted, any personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from the filing system and the secured data rooms.
10. PARTICIPATION OF DATA SUBJECT
What can the data subjects do in order to exercise their rights?
Every data subject has the right to reasonable access to his or her personal data being processed by Johnny Air. Other available rights include: (1) right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal data; (2) right to request the suspension, withdrawal, blocking, removal or destruction of personal data; and (3) right to complain and be indemnified for any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data. Accordingly, procedures were set for inquiries and complaints that will specify the means through which concerns, documents, or forms submitted to Johnny Air shall be received and acted upon.
How can you reach us?
Through our Data Protection Officer (DPO) or our Compliance Officer for Privacy (COP).
Office Address: Ground Flr. CJV Bldg., 108 Aguirre St. Legaspi Village, Makati City
Contact Number/s: 7750-3821, 8812-4702
Email Address: email@example.com
You may also submit your complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC) at https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/.
Any action to a request for correction, erasure, and/or objection to processing your personal data as it appears in our records is subject to applicable laws, rules, and regulations under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A. 10173), its Implementing Rules and Regulation, and other issuance of the National Privacy Commission.
The provisions of this Privacy Manual are effective this 22nd day of February 2023, until revoked or amended by this company, through a Board Resolution. Johnny Air Cargo and Delivery Services Inc., reserve the right to revise or amend this Manual at any time with or without notice. Changes in the Privacy Manual become effective thirty (30) days after the first posting of any revised or amended version at our website, company premises, or the submission of the revised or amended copy with the National Privacy Commission whenever required.